Egg Noodle Kugel
Noodle kugel (COO-gull) is a casserole of noodles drenched in an egg mixture. It is made with egg noodles, so it is kosher for Passover. When it is done, you will be introduced to a savory meal that has sweetness to it as well.
1 package (16-ounce) wide egg noodles
6 large eggs
1 pound sour cream
8 ounces cottage cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces raisins
½ cup sugar
1 stick (8 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
¼ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons cinnamon
4 tablespoons nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the noodles to a pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- In a food processor combine the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add sugar, melted butter, and salt and blend well.
- Place noodles mixed with raisins in a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish and pour egg mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle mixture with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings